Thursday, February 5, 2009

BOOKCLUB MARCH CHOICES

So I have chosen the two books we will choose from to read in March we will need to buy them this month in the next week or two to be able to take advantage of the amazing price that they are we will discuss among us which will be our book of the month. They are both really good books, you can purchase 1 or both if you like. I chose these for our starter books because they are 1. Good Value for money 2. Good story lines and its very relevant - note that The unValentine has unValentine cards in it to give away. Cute. Email me your choice and then We can organize a date to which you will bring you money to me and I will go purchase the books.

oxoxo Terina

UPDATE:

So I just got back from Deseretbooks and I had a look at The unValentine and I dont think that it is a book for reading and discussion for the book club, So I think the Wednesday Letters is probably the book We will discuss, if you want to get The unValentine you may do so but not by my recommendation, I dont want anyone to be dissapointed with their purchase. So I suggest you check that book out, take a look at it, the book is available at the store.

I will be taking money begining of next week to purchase the Wednesday Letters and deliver at church on Sunday fortnight Its not available at all to purchase in the store as it is really popular the book is sold out. So let me know as I will have to ask the store to hold X amount of copies so we dont miss out.

oxox Terina


THE unVALENTINE

$1.99 +tax

This tongue-in-cheek, rhymed story is a hilarious gift for young and old. Features UnValentine cards in the back of the book!

Lily doesn’t believe in love. Within her journal she chronicles her intolerance of cutesy Valentines and mocks the idiots who send them. Yes, Lily doesn’t believe in love UNTIL…

"Exactly mid-way through the frigid month of February A day is celebrated by the dumb and ordinary. And all around me, notes are passed by idiots and stupids-- Packed tight with sugar-mottoed hearts and naked pudgy cupids. This ritual, conducted under heart-shaped, crimson flag, Does absolutely nothing for me, but to make me gag!"


WEDNESDAY LETTERS

$2.99 + tax

"In the wake of [Wright's] bestselling Christmas Jars comes a sweetly crafted story. . . heartening, wholesome, humorous, suspenseful and redemptive. It resonates with the true meaning of family and the life-healing power of forgiveness all wrapped up in a satisfying ending." Publisher Weekly

Jack and Laurel have been married for 39 years. They've lived a good life and appear to have had the perfect marriage. With his wife cradled in his arms, and before Jack takes his last breath, he scribbles his last "Wednesday Letter."

When their adult children arrive to arrange the funeral, they discover boxes and boxes full of love letters that their father wrote to their mother each week on Wednesday. As they begin to open and read the letters, the children begin to uncover the shocking truth about the past. In addition, each one must deal with present-day challenges. Matthew has a troubled marriage, Samantha is a single mother, and Malcolm is the black sheep of the family who has returned home after a mysterious two-year absence.

The Wednesday Letters has a powerful message about forgiveness and quietly beckons for readers to start writing their own "Wednesday Letters."

5 comments:

  1. I would love to read Wednesday Letters. That really is a great price!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up! I LOVE Love and have heard great things about this book.

    You are great for setting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terina, I never got the sign up sheet in relief society, but I would like a copy of the Wednesday letters. Thanks! Amanda Penton

    ReplyDelete